The early morning sun peaking over the Don Valley Parkway, the smell of fresh popcorn and the sound of seven thousand screaming school age children – nothing is more telling of 11am hockey than the way your senses tingle. Just a little different from every other game. You should try it out some time.
But since I have your ear, I’m just as well sharing six thoughts ahead of Wednesday’s game:
- Yes there’s a pink elephant in the room, so we’re just as well addressing it now – it’s NHL trade deadline day so there will be plenty of speculation over who’s dressed for the Marlies, who isn’t, and who may (or may not) leave the bench mid-day. Leafs TV will be reporting all news as it becomes official.
- Drew MacIntyre was signed by the Maple Leafs to an NHL contract on Tuesday for the duration of the season
- Toronto has collected at least a point in 10 of their last 11 games, including three victories over the Monsters
- Lake Erie has only two wins in their past ten games and are presently on a two game losing streak
- Greg Scott has eight points (4 goals, 4 assists) in the past nine games, Mike Zigomanis has seven points (1 goal, 5 assists) in the past seven games and Brad Ross has collected goals in the past two games
- Tune into all the action – as well as trade deadline news – on Leafs TV and mapleleafs.com starting at 11am
8:52am: The Toronto Marlies announce Stuart Percy and David Broll have been assigned to the AHL club after their respective OHL seasons came to a close in the playoffs’ first round. Percy will wear #41 with the Marlies and Broll will don #46.