The Toronto Blue Jays have coined the hashtag that perfectly reflects my feelings for the Toronto Marlies right now. #LoveThisTeam
Toronto’s AHL club returns home after a game in Rochester that was much closer than the scoresheet shows. The Marlies are the North Division Champions for the second straight season. Despite adversity of all shapes and sizes, the facts read that the Marlies are heading to the playoffs with plenty of unfinished business left over from last year’s heartbreak in the finals.
Here are six things to think about as we countdown to Saturday’s puck drop:
- Texas’ loss on Friday means the Marlies still have a chance to take the conference title if they win their final two games
- Two victories to close out the regular season would mean the Marlies finish with 44 wins and 97 points, one point more than 2011/12
- If the playoffs were to start today, Toronto would face the Rochester Americans – identical to the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs
- The Marlies are 5-1 against the IceCaps this season
- St. John’s have lost five of their last seven games
- Tune into today’s game on Rogers TV starting with puck drop at 3pm
It’s hard finding a reason how not to love this team. For lineup news and notes catch me on twitter (@chansler) ahead of puck drop.
Early Morning Update:
Keep in mind Toronto FC play at 4pm. If you want to avoid fighting footie fans for parking spots, show up early.